Friday, May 9, 2014

Say it isn't so!!!

The house was quiet. I was sitting at the kitchen table working on an order. The cats were asleep. The dogs were asleep. Alison was doing what Alison does best: be Alison. 

And then, out of nowhere, a cacophony of screaming, ranting, railing, SWEARING, shrieking, gnashing of teeth, Old Testament tearing of clothes, ripping of material, cursing dead relatives three generations back, frothing at the mouth, snot bubbles bursting out of his nose, eyes bulging, carotid artery about to geyser out his ears. I dropped my pen and ran through the house, deathly afraid of what I'd find when I got to the bedroom. Had he died? Had someone tried to break into the bedroom window and encountered the sad end of their life? I came to the doorway, gulped air to calm my pounding lungs, brushed the hair out of my eyes, grabbed the doorway to keep from swaying......

"Honey! What's wrong........."

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, mouth open, words flying out that I don't even know how to SPELL, finger pointing to the television......and then I saw it.

Fox was playing a clip of Obama talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment